“Do you have the discipline to be a free spirit?”
At all Moving Essence classes and events we provide a mailing list or link people to our website where people can choose to join our mailing list. People on this list receive regular updates, news and announcements about Moving Essence events and classes. Our emails only include information about events connected to 5Rhythms and related conscious dance events we think might interest you. You can unsubscribe from our mailing list at any time.
Moving Essence collects your name, email and phone number when you join our list. You have the option to use a pseudonym when signing up, if we need your full name for any reason we will ask for it.
We will not sell, trade or pass on your personal contact details to anyone else, and we keep all your information secure and protected.
We also keep personal records of anyone who has assisted on a workshop, or is a current or past member of staff. These records are securely protected and never passed to anyone else. If you have volunteered or worked for Moving Essence, you are permitted to access your records.
Summary of Moving Essence Process for Gathering & Storing Data
- People opt to sign up to Moving Essence mailing list at a class or via our website.
- They can update their subscription via newsletter. We send out regular subscription renewal or reminder campaigns.
- All computers are password protected, access to the Mailchimp list is password protected and available to named staff. Students are informed that their data is held by us in Mailchimp.
People register for workshops online or by email.
- We collect emails via booking forms on WordPress and in person by email or phone. We send an email inviting you to join our list. You can unsubscribe at any time.
- People can manage their subscriptions via links in our newsletter and on the website.
For productions involving other teachers, participants will receive invitations (via a post-workshop email from the visiting teacher) to voluntarily subscribe to their mailing lists at the end of a workshop or event.
- Moving Essence will only email workshop participants if the visiting teachers provide a clear statement about how they manage personal data
- Moving Essence will ask the teacher for a sign-up sheet (which includes the personal data statement above) for workshop participants to sign up to their list.
People register to be on crew, volunteer for events or join Moving Essence as staff.
- Paperwork received will be stored in a lockable filing cabinet in a private location.
- A digital register is held on file, password protected.
- Staff and volunteers past or present may request a copy of their records.
Get in touch
Ask a question, send us an email and we'll get back to you