- 19 Sep 21
- 10:00 am - 12:00 pm
- Weekly class
Sunday Sweat Online
To sweat is to pray, to make an offering of your innermost self. Sweat is holy water, prayer beads, pearls of liquid that release your past. Sweat is an ancient and universal form of self healing, whether done in the gym, the sauna, or the sweat lodge. I do it on the dance floor. The more you dance, the more you sweat. The more you sweat, the more you pray. The more you pray, the closer you come to ecstasy.
Gabrielle Roth, Sweat Your Prayers
Sunday ‘Sweats’ are music-only, un-facilitated, 2 x 1 hour 5Rhythms Waves – the second often with a deeper intention or ‘theme’. It helps to have been to a 5Rhythms class before but it’s not essential. We have been offering Sweats at the beautiful Abbotsford Convent for a decade. The Coronavirus may have prevented us from going to this historic venue but it doesn’t stop us dancing at home.
To join this online 5Rhythms class you will need
- An electronic device such as a desktop or laptop computer or tablet. A smartphone will work if it has the features below but is the least preferred option.
- Your device should have a microphone and camera. The built-in ones are fine.
- Make a connection from that device to either external speakers (via the headphone jack) or wireless earbuds (e.g bluetooth). If you need to use headphones on a cable that’s OK but will limit how far from your device you can move. If you don’t have external speakers or earbuds, your device’s speakers will work fine, the music will not be as amplified that’s all.
- Register using the form below. We can’t offer ‘drop-in’ for an online class and there are limited places so that we can feel some connection as an online group.
- Download the Zoom Application onto your device. This is virtual meeting room with lots of ‘real-life’ features. Go to ZOOM FREE DOWNLOAD.
- Choosing your Dancing Space
Choose and set up a dancing space for yourself. Somewhere you will feel private and comfortable moving uninterrupted for 1.5 hours. Tell your family or housemates what you are doing. Make the floor safe (if you step on a piece of LEGO your dance will end painfully early). Do what you can to make it a calming and welcoming space for you. But hey…we are living through a pandemic – if your life and home is in chaos – then push all the crap to the sides of the room – clear 4 square metres – take a few breaths and you are ready to begin.
Kids and Pets
If you wish to join with kids and pets and you think this will not be disruptive for you and the group, other beings in your household are also welcome to join. However we ask that you don’t share your login with others without communicating with us first.
Accessing your Zoom Link
Half an hour before the class starts Moving Essence will email you the Zoom link and a Meeting ID password – this is your only way to access the class. Please check your spam filters (your promotions folder or add us to contacts) to ensure they are set to receive mail from Moving Essence.
15 minutes before the advertised time, we will open the class for people who have never used Zoom before.
When the class starts, you will enter hearing music. Once the class has begun, please resolve any sound issues on your device yourself. Sometimes it helps to leave the meeting and re-enter. Once you have started the class, you will always be re-admitted if technology drops you out. You can always send a private message about sound or video issues chat to the person who is the Co-host (Tech).
There is also a 30-minute grace period after the advertised class time for those who are running late. After that time you won’t be able to join as it becomes too distracting. If you booked and miss attending, we can either refund you or register you for the next class.
If you are coming to a 5Rhythms class for the the first time, please read our Online Class Guidelines.
Thanks for joining us as we embrace the online format with curiosity, dancing together in this new socially distant (yet virtually connected) space…
Love and new dances
Sunday Sweat Online
- 9:45am -
- Early entry
- For Tech Check
- 10:00am -
- Class begins
- Online bookings close. Phone bookings open
- 10:45am -
- Late entry closes
- Phone bookings close. No new admissions after this time
- 11:45pm - 12:00pm
- Closing circle