Light Waves Online
Welcome back to online dance. Bookings stay open until the start time. If you miss this deadline please use the ‘11th hour‘ telephone booking service.
Ring 03 5427 4654
We can take card payments over the phone for 45 minutes after the class starts allowing you the last hour to dance.
With Social Distancing back in place Tuesday Light Waves (Early Wave) continues and welcomes first timers and long-timers into this online format.
For regular dancers, think of it as simply a change of venue – from St Brigids Hall to your own place. For newcomers, it’s easy to get to – you don’t even have to leave home.
Dancers from all around Australia are welcome to join. Our digital streaming license allows us to offer this class to people in Australia. If you live outside Australia and want to attend one of our online classes please contact us to find out which class is best to attend.
To join this online 5Rhythms class you will need:
1. An electronic device such as a desktop or laptop computer or tablet. A smartphone will work if it has the features below but is the least preferred option.
2. Your device should have a microphone and camera. The built-in ones are fine.
3. Make a connection from that device to either external speakers (via the headphone jack) or wireless earbuds (e.g bluetooth). If you need to use headphones on a cable that’s OK but will limit how far from your device you can move. If you don’t have external speakers or earbuds, your device’s speakers will work fine, the music will not be as amplified that’s all.
4. Register using the form below. You will be emailed the zoom access link at the time of booking and it also appears in the booking completion page. Please check your spam filters (your promotions folder or add us to contacts) to ensure they are set to receive mail from Moving Essence.
5. Download the Zoom Application onto your device. This is virtual meeting room with lots of ‘real-life’ features. Go to ZOOM FREE DOWNLOAD.
Choose and set up a dancing space for yourself. Somewhere you will feel private and comfortable moving uninterrupted for 1.5 hours. Tell your family or housemates what you are doing.
If you wish to join with kids and pets and you think this will not be disruptive for you and the group, other beings in your household are also welcome to join. However we ask that you don’t share your login with others without communicating with us first.
15 minutes before the advertised time, we will open the class for people who have never used Zoom before.
When the class starts, you will enter hearing music. Once the class has begun, please resolve any sound issues on your device yourself. Sometimes it helps to leave the meeting and re-enter. Once you have started the class, you will always be re-admitted if technology drops you out. You can always send a private message about sound or video issues chat to the person who is the Co-host (Tech).
There is also a 45-minute grace period after the advertised class time for those who are running late. After that time you won’t be able to join as it becomes too distracting. If you booked and miss attending, we can either refund you or register you for the next class.
If you are coming to a 5Rhythms class for the the first time, please read our Online Class Guidelines.
Thanks for joining this online dance.
Light Waves Online
- 5:30pm -
- Class opens for newcomers
- For Zoom audio check
- 5:45pm -
- Class begins
- Online booking closes
- 6:30pm -
- Phone booking closes
- No late admissions after this time
- 7:30pm -
- Class ends