Simulcast: Friday 5Rhythms Online
Friday 5Rhythms has returned to the beautiful St Mary’s hall in Castlemaine. We are back to offering ONE class with Covid-density quotients.
We continue to offer this online class FROM THE LOCATION to replace the regular Friday Online class that was offered during Victoria’s long lockdown.
This will be a Friday night dance-at-home-with-a-difference. The Wave we offer to online dancers is the Original Castlemaine 5Rhythms (5:45-7:30 pm) class, streamed from St Mary’s hall via a phone-hotspot. Cross your fingers and dancing toes for good connection.
a) After booking, click on the link to join – the class runs from 5:45pm until 7:30pm
b) The Moving Essence camera is focused on the class teachers, not the group in the hall
c) Facilitation is offered to hall group (Zoom dancers adapt their own home practice)
d) When the wave in the hall ends, the onsite group will gather for closing
e) During that time the Zoom dancers will get an extra long stillness meditation
At 7:30pm the online dancers are invited to gather to close (as hall pack up commences). The teacher will briefly join the closing circle and one of the Moving Essence team will continue hosting the group so the online community can have some hang out, post-class chat time.
To join this online 5Rhythms class you will need:
1. An electronic device such as a desktop or laptop computer or tablet. A smartphone will work if it has the features below but is the least preferred option.
2. Download the Zoom Application onto your device. This is virtual meeting room with lots of ‘real-life’ features. Go to ZOOM FREE DOWNLOAD. You can also join from your browser.
3. Let zoom access your microphone and camera. The built-in ones are fine.
4. Make a connection from that device to either external speakers (via the headphone jack) or wireless earbuds (e.g bluetooth). If you need to use headphones on a cable that’s OK but will limit how far from your device you can move. If you don’t have external speakers or earbuds, your device’s speakers will work fine, the music will not be as amplified that’s all.
5. Register for the class below. After booking you will see a link (which is also emailed to you) which you you click on to launch zoom and access the class.
Choose and set up a dancing space for yourself, somewhere you will feel private and comfortable moving uninterrupted for 1.5 hours.
If you wish to join with kids and pets and you think this will not be disruptive for you and the group, other beings in your household are also welcome to join. However we ask that you don’t share your login with others without communicating with us first.
When the class starts, you will enter hearing music. Once the class has begun, please resolve any sound issues on your device yourself. Sometimes it helps to leave the meeting and re-enter.
Once you have started the class, you will always be re-admitted if technology drops you out. You can always send a private message about sound or video issues, or chat to the person who is the Co-host.
If you are coming to a 5Rhythms class for the the first time, please read our Online Class Guidelines.
Wishing you well for your home-dance practice.
Friday 5Rhythms Online
- 5:45pm -
- Class opens - arrival
- 6:00pm - 7:20pm
- Dancing a 5Rhythms Wave
- 7:20pm - 7:30pm
- Extended Stillness Meditation
- 7:30pm -
- Venue pack up - online post-class chat